Whether you are a startup or an established IT company, it is no question that the use of digital marketing strategies plays a huge role in your online success. With the number of ways to market your business online, choosing the right marketing strategy for your IT company and yielding satisfying results is a crucial task.
Considering that, you probably wonder what is the best digital marketing strategy for your IT company.
Among the most popular strategies used by companies are Search Engine Optimization and Google Ads. Both these strategies are well-known to provide companies with higher conversion rates, generate leads and improve sales.
Throughout this blog post, we’ll explore the pros and cons of SEO and Google Ads and how to maximize each strategy to better effectively scale your company This will enable you to gain a deeper understanding of each strategy and determine which one is best for your business.
What is SEO?
SEO remains one of the most effective digital marketing strategies for most companies because of its proven effectiveness. It is a powerful marketing tactic that can potentially open opportunities to achieve growth despite the overcrowded online space.
According to a recent report, SEO can drive 1,000% more organic traffic than social media. Additionally, more than half of website traffic comes from organic search.
Generally, SEO is an organic marketing strategy that focuses on optimizing websites to improve their visibility, online presence and ranking in search engine results pages (SERP).
It is basically one of the foundations for successful digital marketing. Keep in mind that the online experience starts with the user’s search intent and without SEO it will be impossible for your company’s website to rank at all.
So if you are running an IT company, you will have to target your audience based on their search queries that are related to your services.
- Help improve your improve online presence and credibility
- Advantage to keep up with the existing competition in the market
- Lower marketing cost
- Establish a strong linking profile
- Easily track campaign performance
- It requires a lot of time and effort to see significant results
- Risk of getting a minimum return on investment
- SEO trends consistently change
- Risk of getting penalized on rankings
- Due to high competition, satisfactory results are not guaranteed
What is Google Ads?
Now if you are a venturing IT company, you have probably thought of the pay-per-click model. And one of the most popular and well-known PPC models used by marketers today is Google Ads.
Google ads is a platform to drive traffic and enhance your customer acquisition. This is possible as this platform allows you to input keywords that will help your reach your target market. Through this online advertisement, you will be able to promote your IT services based on the search intent of your target audience.
Essentially, what makes it a perfect platform to use was due to the diverse number of online users using Google’s search engine. Through this paid advertising platform, you will be able to accurately target your audiences, generate quality leads and increase visibility depending on your budget.
- Immediate campaign results
- Increase in website traffic and leads
- May yield a positive return on investment
- Opportunity to be on top of the SERP
- Gather more data to understand the target audience
- Running advertisements can cost high
- Established businesses have more competitive budget to run an ad campaign
- It is not sustainable in the long run
- Leads and traffic do not guarantee sales and profit
- Campaign advertisement requires constant optimization
Tips on choosing which digital marketing strategy to use
Found a digital marketing strategy to use for your next campaign? You may want to step back a little.
We know that the advantages of SEO and Google ads sound promising for your IT company to grow. However, choosing a marketing strategy is not just about the advantages. There are also other factors that you will have to consider to maximize its benefits.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing a digital marketing strategy to employ:
- Establish your audience persona to better know and target their much-needed IT services
- Identify the goals and objectives that your IT company wants to achieve. This will allow you to align better a marketing strategy suitable to gain the goals you have set.
- Reassess and audit your previous marketing campaign to determine which works or not.
- Consider your marketing budget. If you have enough budget then you can go for a high-cost digital marketing strategy like Google Ads. But if you have a limited budget, you can start with a low-cost strategy like SEO.
Keep in mind that choosing a digital marketing strategy is not just about the potential results of your business. It is also about testing and assessing its possible outcomes for your company. Certain strategies will only work if applied properly based on what your company strives to achieve.
Let us help you scale your company!
SEO and Google ads are great strategies to employ for your next digital campaign for your company. Keep in mind that you do not have to limit yourself to one strategy at a time. Feel free to utilize both strategies to further maximize your growth.
Still struggling to start your company’s next campaign? A digital marketing agency in Portland is here to help you upscale your business.
Here at Talk Out Loud, we aim to empower various businesses across different industries to better reach their audience, generate leads and yield sales. As part of our goals, our team ensures to provide a carefully tailored marketing strategy to provide excellent results to our clients.