The email has been around for almost thirty years now and will not be going anywhere. Since it is here to stay, you should be making the most of it. Portland Digital Marketing has the facts on the importance of why you should be using a professional email signature.
Chances are you use email every day. You may be sending up to 110 or more emails a day. Creating a professional email signature could create new opportunities for you every time you send an email. By using various elements, you can create an engaging and memorable professional email signature.
Why Create a Professional Email Signature?
Your email signature has various advantages. The obvious advantage is it is yours and completely customizable to your professional life. You can link your signature to your company, your services, your products, and your website. These options available in a simple email signature will broaden the opportunities for you in your business and sales.
What Can You Put in Your Email Signature?
When it comes to a signature for your email, you have plenty of options. The material you include in your email signature is up to you. Some options include:
- Contact information. This would ideally be a link to your business or whatever you are trying to advertise and promote.
- Name, title, and company. Including your name is a given. Adding your title is appropriate as well as necessary if representing your company.
- Logos. If representing a company or brand, including a logo will make a more eye-catching email.
- Professional photo. Leaving a clean, clear photo of the sender will help the reader put a face to your name. This will make the email feel more personal.
- Hyperlinks. Using hyperlinks to make the reader able to simply click on your signature and bring them right to your website or social media accounts will open new avenues of exposure. Leading to more sales, and if the email is being shared with many people, the effect is compounded.
Keeping your email signature short and simple will help you more than one that is lengthy and has a lot of irrelevant information. Keeping the contact information to one number and name is more than enough.
Also, be sure to keep controversial sayings out of your signatures. These can frequently do more harm than good. Causing you to lose someone’s interest and or business.
How to Create Your Email Signature
Do not worry about being a photoshop expert or being able to incorporate everything you want to bring to the table in your email signature. There is a vast array of free and paid-for tools to help you create one you find suitable for your needs. HubSpot has plenty of email templates you can use for free. Using your favorite search engine, you will have no trouble finding the tools to create your very own professional email signature quickly.
Some Final Pointers
Keep your email signature up to date. Check that your links, contact information, and names are all correct. Replacing outdated information or fixing broken links will keep your signature looking professional. A bad link or outdated information will leave a wrong impression, and an email signature is here to leave a remarkable impression.